Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Type: Full-time required to be in position November/ December 2021
Location: Based in Harrogate, infrequent travel across the UK may be required. Ability to work from home.
Reporting: Finance Manager
Proposed Salary: £24,000 to £26,000
MODA IS A LIFESTYLE NOT A LANDLORD
Moda is creating the UK’s leading lifestyle experience brand by delivering and operating next generation neighbourhoods to live, work and play. With a growing development pipeline of over 7,500 homes to rent and 650,000sqft of ancillary amenity, co-working, retail and leisure valued at more than £2.5bn.
We continue to push the boundaries of style, service and innovation to craft considered, inclusive residential led neighbourhoods, focusing on customer service and best-in-class institutional grade design.
We have a clear objective of pioneering positive change to the UK rental landscape and creating healthy, connected and well communities. Don't just take our word for it, we've just won 'Apartment Development of the Year' at the Insider Residential Property Awards for our flagship neighbourhood Moda, Angel Gardens.
As Credit Controller you will support the Finance Manager in the management of the debtors, ensuring timely payments are made, reconciling invoices, replying to account queries and managing debt recovery.
There will be the temporary requirement to pick up additional tasks set by the Finance Manager until the role grows into its own, given size of the company debtors is relatively low. These will be around reporting and implementing systems at new developments.
Numbers your thing? Excel your friend? Efficient with excellent communication skills and an eye for details...
If you tick these boxes and want to join a busy and vibrant team. Keep reading.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will include, but will not be limited to: chasing outstanding payments from customers, allocating payments, resolving disputes and queries, problem solving and promoting excellent customer service.
- Ensure the accuracy of all charges and credits posted to individual accounts and verify the accuracy of balances of accounts.
- Take a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors
- Debt chase utility debts.
- Chasing payments via telephone, email and letters.
- Producing and sending out chase letters.
- Ensuring timely payment of debts.
- Setting and monitoring payment plans
- Dealing with difficult telephone calls and negotiation with clients.
- Producing reports for Internal review
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Xero Accounting
- Previous accounting background
- Knowledge of working with Accounting Software and affiliated systems
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook essential).
- Report production.
- Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with others.
- Strong confident telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work to a process provided by company and communicate key facts to Finance Manager.
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed.
- A good communicator, articulate, approachable, and able to engage at all levels.
- Friendly and tenacious and they will conduct themselves professionally and with integrity.
- Positive working attitude to learn and grow with the job – desire to create long-term role at the company and use own initiative to become a key team member.
- Effective and efficient time management and organisational skills.
- Good initiative, positive, adaptable, dependable, self-motivated, keen to learn, good sense of humour, confident, and enthusiastic.
BE MORE YOU
As a leader in health and wellbeing, our aim is to create long-term, healthy, social and connected communities. Not only for the people that live in our neighbourhoods but also for the Moda team. As part of the team, you’ll get access to a whole host of benefits:
- Health insurance
- Quarterly wellness workshops
- Regular socials
- Discounts on leading global brands
- Regular health checks
GET IN TOUCH
If you’re up for the challenge, send us a copy of your CV and why you you want to join team Moda - email@example.com