Job Title: Development Analyst
Department: Acquisitions and Development team
Location: Based in Harrogate, travel across the UK may be required
Reporting: Reporting to Senior Analyst and directors
Proposed Salary: A competitive salary and benefits package
MODA IS A LIFESTYLE NOT A LANDLORD
Moda Living Limited is creating the UK’s leading residential rental brand. With a growing development pipeline of 7,000 apartments designed specifically for the rental market located in high profile city centre locations. Since inception Moda continues to push the boundaries of style, service, and innovation to create modern residential neighbourhoods. Focussing on a high-quality design, build and operate model, Moda is best-in-class in the Build to Rent development sector. We promote healthy, social living for our residents and are pioneering positive change to the UK rental landscape.
MODA IS A CLUB NOT A JOB
With a brand-new HQ in Harrogate, we are looking for our next member.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Economics, Data Analysis, Mathematics, Real Estate, Valuation & Surveying or Real Estate Finance / Finance. You must be a critical thinker with absolute attention to detail and with good communication skills, be able to work and motivate both yourself and manage your own workload, and as part of a team. If you wish to join a busy and vibrant team you may be suitable for this position.
As Development Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the site acquisitions and development team. The role will be varied with engagement at all levels and working on a variety of work streams, with a focus on project appraisals of large city centre residential and urban regeneration schemes, data analysis, and preparation of reports and presentations.
You will be strong at assessing financial models and outstanding Microsoft Excel skills are a key requirement.
You will have a strong interest in property and a desire for a career in the property development sector.
Key roles & responsibilities:
- Appraisal of development opportunities;
- Undertaking research and analysis in order to prepare market reports and assist in preparing bids and tenders;
- To analyse the viability of projects from a market, geographical, demographic and financial viewpoint;
- Carrying out site appraisals and preparing due-diligence information;
- Detailed financial modelling of projects using Microsoft Excel;
- Preparing site information for onward transmission to project development, delivery and operations teams;
- Fostering relationships with property agents and garnering market information;
- Regular reporting to directors on the status of acquisitions and developments;
- Monitor financial budgets for different projects;
- On-going management of programmes and forecasts;
- Liaising with the Company’s advisors and consultants to assist in the flow of information and execution of roles;
- Preparation of reports and Board meeting information inc.: appraisals, analysis of schemes, supporting documentation.
Essential skills and experience:
- Degree in Economics, Data Analysis, Mathematics, Real Estate, Valuation & Surveying or Real Estate Finance / Finance, or similar;
- The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of, or interest in, the property sector;
- An understanding of funding mechanisms and financial modelling would be considered important;
- Ability to demonstrate substantial quantitive analytical skills;
- A good communicator, articulate, approachable and able to engage at all levels;
- Their approach will be friendly and tenacious and they will conduct themselves professionally and with integrity;
- The nature of the role often calls for problem-solving skills and the candidate will be able to approach issues from first principles with intelligence and commercial awareness;
- The ability to quickly gain an understanding of the commercial drivers operating across different market sectors including residential and commercial developments;
- An ability to commission and manage the inputs necessary to contribute to feasibility studies and options appraisals;
- Comfortable presenting to directors and engaging with external consultants;
- Learn and grow with the job – desire to create long-term role at the company and use own initiative to become a key team member;
- Effective and efficient time management and organisational skills;
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook essential);
- Strong in financial modelling, appraisals, spreadsheets, excel and financial analysis;
- Driving license preferred, but not essential;
- Good initiative, positive, adaptable, dependable, self-motivated, keen to learn, good sense of humour, confident, and enthusiastic.
- Eager to get involved in company social events
To apply, send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.