Job Title: Development Manager
Location: Harrogate 3 days per week. Flexible 2 days.
Reporting to: Development Director
Remuneration: based on experience
MODA IS A LIFESTYLE NOT A LANDLORD
Moda is creating the UK’s leading lifestyle experience brand by delivering and operating next generation neighbourhoods to live, work and play. With a growing development pipeline of over 7,500 homes to rent and 650,000sqft of ancillary amenity, co-working, retail and leisure valued at more than £2.5bn.
We continue to push the boundaries of style, service and innovation to craft considered, inclusive residential led neighbourhoods, focusing on customer service and best-in-class institutional grade design.
We have a clear objective of pioneering positive change to the UK rental landscape and creating healthy, connected and well communities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You should have:
- Experience of working for a housebuilder, residential / BtR developer or professional organisation with good knowledge of residential development from land acquisition onwards.
- Experience of working with vendors and local authority planning teams, managing advisory teams including legal advisors as well as interfacing with professional design teams in the development of the design.
The role will be a key part in creating financially viable projects, supporting securing purchase positions and securing implementable planning consents and interfacing with funders.
The role will work collaboratively with wider colleagues such as the Analytics team, Project Management team, Planning Director and also internal Design colleagues through all stages.
You will be an aspiring individual seeking to take ownership of tasks and projects and working with a great team of colleagues you will drive forward your projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career and join a forward thinking and progressive business.
Working with internal wider teams and colleagues, your role & responsibilities will cover:
- Liaising with landowners to secure acceptable purchase positions
- Securing implementable planning permission & Negotiating planning agreements
- Working with planning teams on public and political engagement strategies
- Maximising development value wherever possible and understand / develop the development appraisal
- Adopting brand standards into each development to underpin service excellence and long-term sustainability
- Exercising sound business judgement, identify, investigate and analyse innovative development solutions
- Appointing specialist consultants, negotiating fees, managing performance, agreeing and approving costs.
- Site feasibility assessments & supporting Site acquisitions
- Managing risk and legal obligations through the development phase and ensure all contractual requirements are adhered to.
- Reviewing and negotiating development agreements and managing associated obligations
- Prepare internal and external development reports and update the Board and investors regularly on development progress
- Actively develop excellent relations with all stakeholders including vendors, funders/investors, professional team and local authority stakeholders
- Advances organisational objectives and champions key directions and projects
Professionalism & Communication
- A supportive and constructive member of the development team and wider team
- Own and drive actions to satisfactory conclusion
- Manage time effectively and prioritises activities to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Identifies emerging problems and opportunities for the organisation and manage risk.
- Develops succinct, informative reports and documents for different audiences
- Communicates with confidence to inspire trust and confidence in others.
- Enacts personal leadership through inspiring and influencing.
- Sets and maintains high professional standards in all work and conduct
- Proactively resolves conflict to achieve synergy and alignment.
- Innovates and embraces change and new ideas.
BE MORE YOU
As a leader in health and wellbeing, our aim is to create long-term, healthy, social and connected communities. Not only for the people that live in our neighbourhoods but also for the Moda team. As part of the team, you’ll get access to a whole host of benefits:
- Car allowance
- Health insurance
- Quarterly wellness workshops
- Regular socials
- Discounts on leading global brands
- Regular health checks
GET IN TOUCH
If you’re up for the challenge, send us a copy of your CV with a supporting statement on how you meet the knowledge, experience and skill set to email@example.com.