Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Type: Full-time required to be in position December 2021
Location: Based in Harrogate, infrequent travel across the UK may be required. Ability to work from home.
Reporting: Finance Manager
Proposed Salary: £24,000 to £26,000
MODA IS A LIFESTYLE NOT A LANDLORD
Moda is creating the UK’s leading lifestyle experience brand by delivering and operating next generation neighbourhoods to live, work and play. With a growing development pipeline of over 7,500 homes to rent and 650,000sqft of ancillary amenity, co-working, retail and leisure valued at more than £2.5bn.
We continue to push the boundaries of style, service and innovation to craft considered, inclusive residential led neighbourhoods, focusing on customer service and best-in-class institutional grade design.
We have a clear objective of pioneering positive change to the UK rental landscape and creating healthy, connected and well communities. Don't just take our word for it, we've just won 'Apartment Development of the Year' at the Insider Residential Property Awards for our flagship neighbourhood Moda, Angel Gardens.
An opportunity has arose based at our Head Office in Harrogate as a Full Time Finance Assistant for Moda Life Management Limited.
You will support the Finance Manager in the management of the day to day finance operation including taking lead on Credit Control until 2022 when we will expand the team.
Hours: 9 am – 5.30pm – 40 Hours Per Week
- Bank Reconciliation
- Council Tax Reconciliation
- Deferred Income
- Accounts Payable – Processing Invoices, Statement Checks & Preparing Payment Runs.
- Intercompany Recharges
- B2C Accounts Receivable – Chasing Rental Arrears via Email, Phone & Letter.
- Reviewing Utility Debts
- Setting Payment Plans
- Will ensure the accuracy of all charges and credits posted to individual accounts and verify the accuracy of balances of Accounts.
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors.
- Dealing with difficult telephone calls and negotiation with clients.
- Producing reports for internal review.
- Organised with a positive and can do working attitude.
- Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with others.
- Strong confident telephone etiquette.
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous Accounting Background
- Xero Accounting Knowledge
- Knowledge of working with Accounting software and affiliated systems.
- Excel Wizard.
- Producing Reports
- Ability to demonstrate team work and able to work with wider stakeholders of the company.
- Ability to work to a process provided by company and communicate key facts to Finance Manager.
- Attention to detail.
- BTR Or Hospitality background desirable but not essential
BE MORE YOU
As a leader in health and wellbeing, our aim is to create long-term, healthy, social and connected communities. Not only for the people that live in our neighbourhoods but also for the Moda team. As part of the team, you’ll get access to a whole host of benefits:
- Quarterly wellness workshops
- Regular socials
- Discounts on leading global brands
- Regular health checks
GET IN TOUCH
If you’re up for the challenge, send us a copy of your CV and why you you want to join team Moda - firstname.lastname@example.org