Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Type: Full-time, starting Q1 2021
Department: Development and Operations Team
Location: Based in Harrogate, infrequent travel across the UK may be required. Ability to work from home.
Reporting: Reporting to Acquisitions, Development and Operations managers / directors
Proposed Salary: A competitive salary and benefits package depending on level of experience
MODA IS A LIFESTYLE NOT A LANDLORD
Moda is creating the UK’s leading lifestyle experience brand by delivering and operating next generation neighbourhoods to live, work and play. With a growing development pipeline of over 7,500 homes to rent and 650,000sqft of ancillary amenity, co-working, retail and leisure valued at more than £2.5bn.
We continue to push the boundaries of style, service and innovation to craft considered, inclusive residential led neighbourhoods, focusing on customer service and best-in-class institutional grade design.
We have a clear objective of pioneering positive change to the UK rental landscape and creating healthy, connected and well communities.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Real Estate Finance, Accounting & Finance, Data Analysis, Mathematics or similar. You must be a critical thinker with absolute attention to detail. Strong at assessing financial models and an advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
Excellent communication skills, be able to work and motivate both yourself and manage your own workload, and as part of a team. If you tick these boxes and want to join a busy and vibrant team. Keep reading...
As Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the site acquisitions, development and operations teams. The role will be varied with engagement at all levels and working on a variety of work streams, with a focus on project appraisals of large city centre residential and urban regeneration schemes, data analysis, and preparation of reports and presentations.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Producing detailed financial appraisals for Real Estate assets in Microsoft Excel to determine project viability and report on developer and investor return metrics including Profit on Cost, IRR, Equity Multiple, Hurdle Rates, Yield on Cost and Sensitivity Analysis.
- Undertaking research and analysis to analyse potential acquisition and development opportunities including procuring market reports and assisting in preparing bid documents and tenders.
- Preparing site information and project due diligence for onward transmission to development, delivery, operations, and investor teams.
- Monitoring the ongoing programmes, forecasts and performance of both single assets and assets held within in a portfolio.
- Fostering relationships with agents, advisors, and consultants to assist in the flow of information and underwriting of projects.
- Preparation of other documentation and reports to inform Acquisitions, Development and Operations teams including data analysis, statistics, monitoring of actuals, production of charts and graphs, and any other supporting documentation required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Real Estate Finance, Accounting & Finance, Data Analysis, Mathematics or similar.
- Experience in working in Commercial Real Estate Investment, Real Estate Development or with Private Equity Funds and Senior Debt Providers would be beneficial.
- The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of, or interest in, the property finance sector.
- A detailed understanding of financial modelling, funding mechanisms and investment returns is important.
- Ability to demonstrate substantial quantitive analytical skills across a variety of data sets.
- A good communicator, articulate, approachable, and able to engage at all levels. Their approach will be friendly and tenacious and they will conduct themselves professionally and with integrity.
- The nature of the role often calls for problem-solving skills and the candidate will be able to approach issues from first principles with intelligence and commercial awareness.
- The ability to quickly gain an understanding of the commercial drivers operating across different market sectors including residential and commercial developments.
- An ability to commission and manage the inputs necessary to contribute to feasibility studies and options appraisals.
- Comfortable presenting to directors and engaging with external consultants.
- Learn and grow with the job – desire to create long-term role at the company and use own initiative to become a key team member.
- Effective and efficient time management and organisational skills.
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook essential).
- Driving license preferred, but not essential.
- Good initiative, positive, adaptable, dependable, self-motivated, keen to learn, good sense of humour, confident, and enthusiastic.
- Eager to get involved in company social events.
BE MORE YOU
As a leader in health and wellbeing, our aim is to create long-term, healthy, social and connected communities. Not only for the people that live in our neighbourhoods but also for the Moda team. As part of the team, you’ll get access to a whole host of benefits:
- Car allowance
- Health insurance
- Quarterly wellness workshops
- Regular socials
- Discounts on leading global brands
- Regular health checks
GET IN TOUCH
If you’re up for the challenge, send us a copy of your CV with a supporting statement on how you meet the knowledge, experience and skill set to email@example.com.