Senior Project Manager/ Project Director
Job Title: Senior Project Manager/ Project Director
Location: Yorkshire, working from the Harrogate office with regular (weekly) travel throughout the U.K. to project locations
Reporting: Director of Projects
Salary: Competitive with benefits package
MODA IS A LIFESTYLE NOT A LANDLORD:
Moda is creating the UK’s leading lifestyle experience brand by delivering and operating next generation spaces to live, work and play.
We continue to push the boundaries of style, service and innovation to craft considered, inclusive residential-led neighbourhoods. Focusing on customer service and best-in-class institutional-grade design.
We have a clear objective of pioneering positive change to the UK rental landscape.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Work with the Director of Projects and other company directors to achieve the successful design, procurement, construction and handover of the projects on which you are working.
As part of this manage external design and project team members including main contractors within agreed parameters. Seek to achieve best value through external consultant and contractor relationships through negotiation and strong design and commercial management of the project. This will include developing procurement processes over one or more projects to deliver best value in conjunction with the other members of the Moda team.
Represent the company in a professional and best-in-class manner at all times.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
- Liaise with the relevant Development Director during the concept and planning preparation stage to assist in the development of an appropriate design response to quality and budgetary parameters
- Work with the Development Director responsible for the scheme to establish the financial parameters of the project. Review the constraints and opportunities around the project including logistics, supply chain, geographic constraints and opportunities etc.
- Participate in the selection and briefing / scoping of consultants team members
- Assist the Development Director responsible for the project in the technical development of the pre-planning application design and planning reports to promote a robust and deliverable design with the financial constraints of the development
- Lead the project post planning application, with on-going liaison with the development director
- Maintain a strong financial reporting / control throughout the project
- Manage consultant design teams to develop the design within agreed parameters and to an agreed building contract form, comprising employers requirements, contractors proposals and contract sum analysis
- Manage the procurement of the main contractor, which may be through a combination of negotiation and competitive tender, including direct interface and negotiation with key sub-contractors and suppliers to secure best value
- Continually strive to achieve the best design response and best value for money solutions through all design aspects and procurement processes
- Assist in the negotiation of contract conditions for main contractor appointment and appointment terms for consultants
- Review and negotiate detailed design and construction programmes, including phased handover requirements
- Manage the employers agent, clerk of works and cost consultant in conjunction with the Construction Director throughout the project
- In conjunction with the Construction Director, develop handover procedures to provide for a managed, high quality completion process and subsequently manage the project in such a manner
- Integrate client direct orders into the procurement and construction process
- Monitor progress onsite in terms of time and quality. Act in a manner to secure the timely completion of the project
- Manage the reporting process to funders and other project stakeholders
- Liaise with the operations team as needed in relation to management aspects of the design and the handover structure and sequence
If you’re up for the challenge, send us a copy of your CV with a supporting statement on how you meet the knowledge, experience and skill set to email@example.com.