Senior project manager / Project director
Job Title: Senior project manager / Project director
Department: Project team
Location: London and south east
Reporting: Director of Projects
Proposed Salary: A competitive salary and benefits package
MODA IS A LIFESTYLE NOT A LANDLORD
Moda Living Limited is creating the UK’s leading residential rental brand. With a growing development pipeline of 7,000 apartments designed specifically for the rental market, in high profile city centre locations. From inception, Moda continues to push the boundaries of style, first class service, and innovation to create modern residential neighbourhoods. Focussing on a high-quality design, build and operation model. Moda is leading edge and at the forefront of the build-to-rent development sector. We promote healthy, social living for our residents and are pioneering positive change to the UK rental landscape.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working with the Director of Projects and other company directors, you'll be tasked with the successful design, procurement, construction and handover of projects.
You'll manage external design and project team members. Including main contractors within agreed parameters, whilst seeking to achieve best value through external consultants and contractor relationships through negotiation, strong design and commercial management.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the procurement and delivery of large residential or mixed-use projects.
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES
- Liaise with Moda’s Development Director during the concept and planning preparation stage to assist in the development of an appropriate design response to quality and budgetary parameters.
- Work with the Development Director responsible for the scheme to establish the financial parameters of the project. Review the constraints and opportunities around the project including logistics, supply chain, geographic constraints and opportunities.
- Participate in the selection and briefing of consultants team members.
- Assist the Development Director responsible for the project in the technical development of the pre-planning application, managing design and budgets.
- Lead the project post planning application, with on-going liaison with the Development Director.
- Maintain strong financial reporting throughout the project.
- Manage consultant design teams to develop the design within agreed parameters and to an agreed building contract form, comprising employers requirements, contractors proposals and contract sum analysis.
- Manage the procurement of the main contractor, including direct interface and negotiation with key sub-contractors and suppliers to secure the best value.
- Continually strive to achieve the best design response and best value for money solutions through all design aspects and procurement processes.
- Take a lead role in the negotiation of contract conditions for main contractor appointment and appointment terms for consultants.
- Review and negotiate detailed design and construction programmes, including phased handover requirements.
- Manage the employer's agent, clerk of works and cost consultant throughout the project.
- Develop handover procedures to provide for a managed, high-quality completion process.
- Integrate client direct orders into the procurement and construction process.
- Monitor progress on site in terms of time and quality and act in a manner to secure the timely completion of the project.
- Manage the reporting process to funders and other project stakeholders.
To apply, send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.