The Girl On The Train Competition
International phenomenon and best selling book, Girl on the Train made it’s debut on cinema screens in 2016, its now made its way to the stage.
The world has been hooked by the whodunnit style story of Rachel Watson. Her only escape is the perfect couple she watches through the train window every day, happy and in love. Or so it appears. When Rachel learns that the woman she’s been secretly watching has suddenly disappeared, she finds herself as a witness and even a suspect in a thrilling mystery in which she will face bigger revelations than she could ever have anticipated.
We’re giving our followers the chance to win two tickets to a showing of this West Yorkshire Playhouse production on Saturday 26th May from 7:45pm.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply make sure you are following the Moda Facebook page and then comment on our competition post with the name of the person you would like to give the second ticket to.
See Ts & Cs below for more details.
Ts & Cs >
Social Media Competition Terms and Conditions.
- This competition is open to UK mainland residents (England, Scotland and Wales only) aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Moda (which is the “Promoter”) and their immediate families, agents and anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
- No purchase is necessary in order to enter the competition. Access to the internet and a Facebook and/or Twitter account is necessary in order to enter.
- By entering this competition, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries which do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- The competition opens on 09.05.18 and closes on 17.05.18 (which is the “Competition Period”).
- The prize is two tickets to ‘The Girl On The Train’ opening night showing at West Yorkshire Playhouse, Leeds for ONE Facebook winner only.
- To enter on Facebook, you must: Make sure you are following Moda’s Facebook page and comment the person who you would take with you.
- Please note that multiple entries are not permitted – we allow a maximum of one entry per person and a maximum of one prize can be won per household.
- Entries made on behalf of another person (except in your capacity as parent, guardian or equivalent), or joint entries, will not be accepted. Entries from agents, organised group entries, bulk entries or entries automatically generated by computer will not be accepted.
- Once the Competition Period has closed, the winner(s) will be selected as follows from all valid and eligible entries submitted during the Promotional Period: a. Woobox competition website.
- The winner(s) will be notified by the Promoter directly, by Facebook Direct Message as soon as reasonably practicable following the end of the Promotional Period.
- In the event that a winner has not provided a delivery address, or does not provide a delivery address within 5 days of request by the Promoter, or is not able to accept the prize for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and to award the prize to another participant.
- Each prize will be delivered to the address provided by a winner within 30 days of the end of the Competition Period provided that the Promoter has received the winner’s correct delivery address details and (where deemed necessary by the Promoter) has been able to verify the winner’s identity in accordance with condition. Winners are responsible for ensuring that complete and correct details are provided to the Promoter in order to receive their prize; and, for collecting their prize from our carrier’s office or depot if they are not at home when the prize is delivered.
- By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition in order to verify this.
- There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability of the intended prizes.
- In the event that circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter affect, or could affect, the proper operation of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition or these terms and conditions at any time but will make every effort to avoid causing undue disappointment to participants where such action is deemed necessary.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations although the Promoter shall try to minimise the effect of such failures.
- Whilst we’re running this Promotion on their platform, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of facilitating the competition unless you have agreed to its use for any other purpose. By entering the competition, all entrants agree to give Facebook or Twitter a complete release from any and all legal liability in connection with the competition.
- Entries deemed inappropriate, rude or abusive by the Promoter will not be used and all such entries will be disqualified. If you are found to be abusing the competition, the Promoter, its products, employees or directors in any way your entry will be disqualified.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries that are not seen or taken into account by the Promoter for technical reasons. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet. Proof of sending/transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Responsibility is not accepted for e-mails/messages from the Promoter which are not delivered as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or as a result of an invalid e-mail or other address supplied by the winner, or which are not seen by the winner due to the ‘spam’ or ‘junk mail’ filter settings (or equivalent) on their e-mail or social media accounts.
- If you are a prize winner, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winners of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter (at no charge to the Promoter save for reasonable expenses at the Promoter’s discretion).
- Your competition entry and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter (the “Submission”) will become the property of the Promoter on receipt. To the extent that copyright arises in your Submission, you will own such copyright in your Submission but agree to grant and license the Promoter (without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable right to re-use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, alter, combine with other materials, edit, incorporate, broadcast, telecast, exhibit, publish, re-publish, display, portray and/or otherwise use your Submission (and any parts of your Submission) in any worldwide media. You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and also agree that the Promoter will own all rights in any materials, photographs, videos and other works which use your Submission (in whole or part).
- By entering the competition, you: a. agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition and for any other purposes to which you have expressly consented; b. acknowledge that such personal data may be transferred by the Promoter to, and/ or stored in, a destination outside the European Economic Area for administrative purposes, including to the United States of America, where data protection regulations may not offer the same protection as those applicable in the European Economic Area, provided that the Promoter uses reasonable endeavours to keep such data adequately protected. You understand that you may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The names and counties of the winner(s) can be obtained for 30 days after the Competition Period closes by sending a request to us at email@example.com specifying which competition your request relates to.
- To ensure fairness and the integrity of the competition, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running or outcome of the competition, but will respond to questions sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you post or are seen to be posting comments to the Promoter’s social media pages (including, without limitation, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) or elsewhere during or after the competition that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants, fans of Promoter or directly aimed at the Promoter, you will have your comments removed and your entry disqualified. We reserve the right to alert the relevant social provider to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
- The Promoter reserves all rights relating to their social media pages and accounts, including but not limited to: (i) adding, removing, or modifying any content posted on the accounts, (ii) blocking users; and (iii) discontinuing the accounts at any time.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate participants or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to limit or exclude its liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud (including, but not limited to, fraudulent misrepresentation) or for that which cannot lawfully be excluded.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the winner’s statutory rights.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by a competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected and will remain valid.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall confer any rights on any person under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, other than the release of liability given in favour of Facebook/Twitter which may be enforced by Facebook/Twitter.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Promoter: Moda Living, Strayside House, Harrogate, HG1 1BJ.