Corporate PR Manager
Location: Harrogate HQ/London with UK wide travel
Salary: Dependent on experience
MODA IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A LANDLORD
Moda is creating the UK’s leading lifestyle experience brand by delivering and operating next generation spaces to live, work and play.
Pushing the boundaries of style, service and community. Focusing on best-in-class service and high quality design.
We have a clear objective of pioneering positive change to the UK rental landscape.
We have a clear objective of pioneering positive change to the UK rental landscape and creating happy healthy, connected and well communities. Always taking it to the next level... from wellbeing week to weekly classes with our wellbeing partners hero.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for a PR Manager to grow Moda’s brand presence across the UK, creating an exceptional communications strategy that positions Moda as the world’s number one residential operator and lifestyle innovator across consumer and corporate news channels.
The ideal candidate will have existing and strong relationships with business, property, technology and lifestyle editors at the nationals, as well as experience dealing with property trade press.
You should be comfortable working proactively with different areas of the business including acquisitions, planning, development, design and operations, to create proactive press stories. You need to be a strong writer who is able to adapt your style between a corporate and consumer audience. Moda has projects across the UK, and the role includes travel to some of the UK’s most exciting cities.
Based in our London or Harrogate headquarters, you will report into the Marketing Director and work closely with Board Directors, as well as working with our consumer PR agency and at times PR consultants for regional projects, to build our national and regional print and broadcast media profile, extend our reach and continue to uphold our position as a leader in the UK real estate industry.
You will position Moda as the world’s number one rental brand, adapting messages across a number of different audiences including investors, local authorities, team and consumers. Through expert storytelling and outstanding communication skills, you’ll grow the Moda brand’s presence to all audiences across the UK.
Your key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Position Moda as the world’s number one rental brand and educate the world on build to rent
- Work to and evolve Moda’s PR and communications strategy, in line with the Moda roadmap and overall commercial objectives
- Run the press office, taking an agile approach when relevant opportunities arise and responding to reactive enquiries
- Oversee the creation of press assets including releases, case studies, insight pieces/op-eds, FAQs, briefing documents, boilerplates, media packs etc.
- Leading on Moda’s key business messaging, ensuring this aligns with the business’s growth and product range and incorporates key market trends
- Effectively co-ordinate with relevant stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure consistent messaging
- Maintain and build on Moda’s network of press contacts through regular active engagement
- Deliver regular, top tier coverage through proactive storytelling, driving awareness of the brand amongst key audiences
- Lead external communications for the launch of new products, partnerships, projects, and funding, ensuring all coverage is consistent and on-message
- Profile building for Moda’s key team in relevant media and events
- Work with Moda’s supply chain, editing and approving third-party press releases
- Working with the data team to identify key trends and themes around our own communities
- Manage Moda’s corporate social media channels, working with the team and wider business to share regular updates in line with the brand’s messaging
- Plan and manage a calendar of external events and speaking opportunities to increase the profile of the company and key members of the team
- Co-ordinate participation in relevant industry awards / programmes as part of wider company profiling
- Support media training and crisis management sessions with key team members
- Measure the impact of coverage / press activity across core KPIs and provide regular, structured commentary to the wider team
WHO YOU ARE
- A driven, ambitious individual who’s looking to further build their career at an exciting, fast-growing company
- Outgoing and confident outlook with a willingness to start conversations with people and get stuck in
- A great storyteller and strategic thinker who is always full of ideas
- A proactive self-starter with a willingness to learn and solve problems independently
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of two years’ experience in PR or Journalism
- Proven track record of delivering high quality coverage
- The ability to solid relationships with key press, influencers, partners, and industry bodies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - meticulous attention to detail
- Agile and able to work to tight deadlines
- A passion for storytelling and finding new ways to deliver key messages
- Thirsty to secure coverage opportunities across the media spectrum: business, finance, property, consumer, tech & trade press, as well as regional media
- A great network of media contacts and ability to form new relationships quickly
- Confident working with agencies, senior stakeholders, suppliers, and wider team members to deliver on the company’s press and communications strategy
- An ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to digest data and turn it into a compelling news story
- A good grounding in reporting - to prove the impact of our stories
- Experience using Cision, CoverageBook or other measurement tools would be beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, PR or a related field would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience working within the residential property sector would be beneficial but not essential
BE MORE YOU
- Competitive salary
- Ability to work remotely
- Workplace pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Comprehensive employee benefits scheme including discounts on global brands, Bike2Work scheme, subsidised mental heath care with MYNDUP and free digital GP appointments with LloydsPharmacy.
- Free overnight break at one of our UK neighbourhoods for you and a plus one
- Regular team and company socials
- Access to subsidised mental health and wellness services
GET IN TOUCH
If you’re up for the challenge, send us a copy of your CV with a supporting statement on how you meet the knowledge, experience and skill set to firstname.lastname@example.org