This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person whohereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The 2018 Data Protection Act and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), along with the Privacy andElectronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data and protect against the unlawful processing of personal data.
Moda is pleased to provide the following information:
2- WHO WE ARE
Moda is a developer and operator of homes for rent in the UK.
3 - PERSONAL DATA
- The business uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email youinformation concerning your For those with tenancy agreements with Moda, additional information may need to becollected. Only that information necessary for Moda to fulfil its contractual obligations will be collected.
- For marketing purposes, Moda may use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries includingmaking telephone contact and emailing information to you which we believe may be of interest to
- When you make initial contact, including through website enquiries, you consent to Moda maintaining a marketingdialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. At all times, the business will work hard to be fully UK GDPR
- Some personal data maybe collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of ourcorrespondence, when you visit us, from phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited topersonally identifiable information like Internet Protocol (IP)
- The business will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with the services it provides; Modadoes not sell or broker your
- Telephone calls may be recorded for training and security reasons and this will be announced at the start of the Where recorded, call data is retained no longer than six months unless it is required longer for legal reasons.
- Further information exclusively pertaining to data protection and employees is covered in their employment contractand the Company
4 - LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING ANY PERSONAL DATA
To meet our contractual obligations to residents and legitimate interests when responding to enquiries concerning the servicesprovided.
For potential and existing residents Moda seeks your explicit consent to the sharing of your data with certain third parties, but only where special categories of personal data are involved such as medical information, which it may need to share toprotect you or supply the services it is contracted to provide you. Moda will only share data where necessary to provide theservices it is contracted to provide, to enforce our contractual rights and to protect residents from harm as part of our duty ofcare.
5 - LEGITIMATE INTERESTS PURSUED BY THE BUSINESS
To promote Moda's building and home for rent. Communications may include direct mail, email, newsletters, telephone calls, social media and any other channels to reach those who may be interested in renting or using the facilities provided by thebusiness.
6 - YOUR AGREEMENT
7 - DISCLOSURE
Moda will keep your personal information safe and secure, although our administration team will have access to your contact details so that they can manage your account.
Some of the services used to support the business such as marketing, website management, the MyModa App, legal and debtcollection services are outsourced from third-party suppliers. Moda will always put in place with these third-party suppliers a processing agreement and will only share personal information with them where required to meet your requirements or tosupport our legitimate interests or contractual obligations.
In certain circumstances the business may need to disclose your Personal Information to meet legal, regulatory or validgovernmental requests.
Moda may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property orsafety of its staff.
8 - RETENTION POLICY
Moda will process personal data for the duration of any business dealings and will continue to store only the personaldata needed for up to eight years after any contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After eight years all personaldata will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained by us to meet our future obligations to you, such as erasure details and/or liabilities. For more details a copy of Moda's Document Retention Schedule is available onrequest.
9 - DATA STORAGE
Data is predominantly processed within the UK and through HubSpot a US based supplier. For your protection HubSpot andModa have signed Standard Contractual Clauses to allow overseas data transfers. Certain personal data is also held withinMicrosoft Sharepoint for Business.
10 - YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
At any point whilst Moda is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the followingrights:
- Right to information - you can ask for information about what data is being processed and the rationale for such
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that wehold about
- Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that wehold about you that is inaccurate or
- Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the
- Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling - you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or
In the event that Moda refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, whichyou have the right to legally challenge.
At your request, Moda can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
11 - YOU CAN REQUEST THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for
- Ifthe processing is based on the legitimate interests of Moda and information about these
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed
- How long the data will be
- Details of your rights to correct, restrict, object to processing and rights to
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences offailing to provide such
- The source of personal data if it wasn't collected directly from
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information aboutthe logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such
12 - TO ACCESS WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS HELD, IDENTIFICATION WILL BE REQUIRED
Moda will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate anda utility bill not older than three months.
A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Moda is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01423 560200 or writing to us at the address below:
In the event that youwish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Moda you havethe right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30days you can complain to the ICO.
THE DETAILS FOR EACH OF THESE CONTACTS ARE:
Moda Life Management and Moda Living Attention: The Data ProtectionAdministrator Strayside House, West Park, Harrogate HG11BJ
Telephone: 01423 560200 or email: email@example.com
ICO registration ZA817563 - Moda Life Management Ltd ICO registration ZA817519 - ModaLiving Ltd
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/