Senior Project Manager
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
We're on the hunt for a Senior Project Manager to oversee the delivery of Moda neighbourhoods with a forward thinking, collaborative team.
Location: Harrogate 3-4 days per week. Flexible other days. UK wide travel required.
Reporting to: Project Director
Remuneration based on experience, car allowance and pension.
MODA IS A LIFESTYLE NOT A LANDLORD
Moda is creating the UK’s leading lifestyle experience brand by delivering and operating next generation spaces to live, work and play.
Pushing the boundaries of style, service and community. Focusing on best-in-class service and high quality design.
We have a clear objective of pioneering positive change to the UK rental landscape.
We have a clear objective of pioneering positive change to the UK rental landscape and creating happy healthy, connected and well communities. Always taking it to the next level... from wellbeing week to weekly classes with our wellbeing partners hero.
- Managing internal approvals and gateways
- Development procurement and build contract strategies, design team management and financial management, participating in project meetings and overseeing the development process
- You should have demonstrable experience of;
- Managing third party interfaces and external stakeholders
- The role will require you to work collaboratively with colleagues from the development, design, commercial and operations teams.
- You will be a self-reliant and aspiring individual seeking to take ownership of tasks and projects and working with a great team of colleagues you will drive your projects forward.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career and join a forward thinking and progressive business.
Working with internal wider teams and colleagues, your role & responsibilities will require you to;
- Work closely with your line manager and other colleagues to put in place successful project governance systems and monitor development and project outputs
- Coordinate project outputs to maintain highly detailed records to enable concise and regular reporting to fund monitors, stakeholders & the Board of Moda
- Assist in assessing viability of opportunities brought forward by the acquisition team
- Assist the appraisal of projects by reviewing cost assumptions and establish deliverable financial parameters for the project.
- Review the constraints and opportunities around projects including third party risks to the project with colleagues, assess and advise accordingly (adjacent plots, rights of light, Party Wall). Develop mitigation proposals.
- Assist in the procurement, selection and briefing / scoping of consultants team members
- Assist in the development of the pre-planning application design and planning reports to promote a robust and deliverable design with the financial constraints of the development and to agreed brand standards and layouts
- Act as Client and lead projects from planning application through to start on site, with on-going liaison with colleagues
- Travel to meetings across the UK as required, particularly the north of England and in Scotland.
- Maintain a strong financial reporting / control throughout the project
- Manage consultant teams to develop the design within agreed parameters and to an agreed building contract form, comprising employers requirements, contractors proposals and contract sum analysis
- Continually strive to achieve the best design response and best value for money solutions through all design aspects and procurement processes;
- Manage the procurement of the main contractor, which may be through a combination of negotiation and competitive tender, including direct interface and negotiation with key sub-contractors and suppliers to secure best value
- Seek to achieve best value through external consultant and contractor relationships through negotiation and strong design and commercial management of the project.
- Continually strive to achieve the best design response and best value through all design aspects and procurement processes
- Assist in the negotiation of contract conditions for main contractor appointment and appointment terms for consultants
- Integrate client direct orders into the procurement and construction process and marketing suite requirements
- Manage the process of satisfying condition precedents to funding requirements and land acquisitions prior to start on site, including pre commencement planning conditions etc.
- Review and negotiate detailed design and construction programmes, including phased handover requirements
- Review and negotiate provisional sum values and programme;
- Manage client variations through the design and procurement stages
- Assist in the liaison with and reporting to the funding structure, reporting as necessary, and the discharging of Moda's duties under the land legal agreements, Development Agreements etc.
- Develop handover procedures to provide for a managed, high quality completion process and subsequently manage the project in such a manner
- Undertake additional roles and responsibilities as requested by the Company from time to time
- A supportive and constructive member of the team
- Drives actions to satisfactory conclusion
- Attention to detail
- Manages time effectively and prioritises activities to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Develops succinct, informative reports and documents for different audiences
- Communicates with confidence.
- Enact personal leadership through inspiring and influencing.
- Maintains high professional standards in all work and conduct
- Proactively resolves conflict to achieve synergy and alignment.
- Innovates and embraces change and new ideas.
BE MORE YOU
As a leader in health and wellbeing, our aim is to create long-term, healthy, social and connected communities. Not only for the people that live in our neighbourhoods but also for the Moda team. As part of the team, you’ll get access to a whole host of benefits:
- Quarterly wellness workshops
- Regular socials
- Discounts on leading global brands
- Regular health checks
GET IN TOUCH
If you’re up for the challenge, send us a copy of your CV and why you you want to join team Moda - firstname.lastname@example.org