Official sponsors of Manchester International Festival
This year Moda officially sponsored Manchester International Festival.
The sixth Festival was the biggest to date, 18 extraordinary days of performances and exhibitions presented in landmark locations, hidden spaces and a host of unique venues across Greater Manchester.
It was also the first festival under new artistic director John McGrath included over 380 performances of 32 commissions and special events, and recorded an economic impact of £40.2 million!
These are just some of the ways MIF17 was exceptional:
- MIF17 was a truly global Festival, featuring artists from more than 15 countries, including China, Pakistan, Egypt, Iceland, United States, France and Germany
- Involvement in MIF productions by local people increased three-fold
- More MIF shows than ever are now off on tour around the world – from Vienna to Sydney, from Lahore to Hong Kong
- An increase in free shows took visitor numbers to a record high of over 300,000
- There was a million viewers around the world, including a groundbreaking collaboration with the MIF Live and online platform
- Factory Trailblazers Returning to Reims& Available Light signposted the international flavour of exceptional new arts space, due to open in 2020
- Five star reviews secured for many MIF shows – ranging from blockbusters such as True Faith, to surprise gems like The Welcoming Party
- Involvement by emerging Manchester artists hugely increased through initiatives such as Jerwood Fellows and Creative50
Save the Date – the next edition of the Festival will take place 4 – 21 July 2019!